- Location: Norman Street & Gillies Street, Wendouree VIC 3355
- Builder: Maben Group
- Client: Stockland Wendouree
- Timeline: September 2017 - Ongoing
- Status: Completed
- Removal of existing electrical hardware to ensure safe demolition
- Cable installation
- Organisation and installation of lighting and power circuits
- Install new main switchboard
- Switchboard fitting in each tenancy
- Fitting floor boxes
- Mounting lighting fixtures
- Install interior electrical systems according to client’s specifications
- Capping power points
- Adding lighting control management system
- Update existing carpark lighting
- Support transition to new high voltage power supply
- Harcroft Lighting
- Trend Lighting
- Eagle Lighting
- Harco Floor lighting
Wendouree Shopping Centre
Stockland Wendouree announced in May 2017 that they planned to expand the existing Ballarat shopping centre with a $37 million project that would centre around the growth of the existing Woolworths supermarket. The project would see Vast Electrical handling the improvements to the complex, grocery store, and surrounding tenancies. This would involve the removal and subsequent upgrade of current cabling and systems to make way for the higher capacity power supply later installed by the power authority.
Unique To This Project:
Since the shopping centre was still operational, we had to work closely with Stockland to determine which systems could be kept operational through the project and others that needed to be replaced. Special consideration was taken towards ensuring that any new systems would successfully integrate into the existing infrastructure.
In addition, our crew operated at night to avoid unnecessary disruptions to nearby businesses. The power authority’s installation of a new power supply necessitated the shutdown and re-boot of electrical systems which took place during centre closing hours. This task required close liaison with the power authority to ensure proper co-ordination and safety of working crews.
The systems installed now enable the complex to control the timing of lighting through the programming of when certain lights turn on/off without the need for physical light switches.