- Location: St. Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
- Builder: Major Projects Victoria
- Client: Probuild Constructions
- Status: Completed
- Completion of HV substation upgrade on St. Kilda Road
- Demolition of existing redundant services
- Installation of the new works whilst the existing Visitor’s Centre remained fully operational, including accommodating work cessation during special events and ANZAC commemorations
- Supply & installation of feature lighting in the exhibition spaces to highlight the grand subterranean brick foundations and beams, as well as the numerous art exhibits and showcases
- Discrete coring and penetrations within the existing structure to conceal cabling
- State finalist at NECA Excellence Awards
The Shrine of Remembrance
Vast Electrical was contracted by Probuild Constructions to complete major electrical works at The Shrine of Remembrance. The Shrine of Remembrance – Galleries of Remembrance Project involved the refurbishment and extension of the undercroft to the Shrine of Remembrance for the ANZAC Centenary.
The project included the creation of a new Exhibition Space and new Education Centre by building subterranean accommodation below the Shrine mounds and in the undercroft of the building, developed in a way of providing space, access/egress and daylight using diagonal courtyards, built to match the original Hudson and Wardrop design of the 1920’s. Two additional courtyards were created to link into the new subterranean education, administration and amenity spaces. In addition to the courtyards and new education/administration areas, a major conversion of the undercroft into a new exhibition space was created. A significant space was designated for the display of the Devanha Landing boat. Also included was construction of a new service tunnel created as ‘grass ramp door’, banked into the grass mound.
Unique To This Project:
The scope of works included upgrade of the HV kiosk substation & LV supply, supply & installation of a new LV main switchboard & distribution systems, specialty & custom lighting systems and associated Dynalite control systems, Cat 6A structured cabling networks, access control & CCTV systems, showcase lighting and display case lighting systems, UPS & battery charger systems. Vast Electrical worked with a sensitive heritage building and location for this project. The project involved working at heights, multiple sub-contractor coordination and Confined Space Assessment and Controls.